This communication is from a debt collector. This is an attempt to collect a debt. Any information obtained will be used for that purpose.
Our team believes that consumers should be treated fairly and in a manner that is consistent with all debt collection laws and regulations. At GMC, we uphold ourselves to a rigorous, enterprise-wide compliance program that includes training on all consumer protection laws and monitoring of our communications to ensure we are fulfilling our commitment to positive consumer engagement.
It is important to our team that consumers know their rights and where to go in the event they are mistreated with aggressive and intimidating collections efforts. Below are links to government agencies that have oversight of the debt collection industry and laws that govern collection practices.
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFBP)
- Federal Communications Commission (FCC)
- Federal Trade Commission (FTC)
- Consumer Protection by state
- Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) PDF File
- Telephone Consumer protection Act (TCPA)
- Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA)